In association with Moniack Mhor, the Scottish Poetry Library is offering teachers working in Scotland the opportunity to apply for a teaching fellow. Four fellow posts are being made available for 2019-20. Fellows will promote poetry as a tool to support literacy, creativity and wellbeing. Teachers from across the sector are invited to apply.
As a fellow, teachers will receive:
- Free place at all our professional development days 2019-20
- Free place on our poetry writing course for teachers 2020
- Free entry to the Library’s event programme (includes readings and workshops)
- A day in the Library exploring our collection and archive
- A free residential place at Moniack Mhor’s September 2020 short course for teachers.
In return, we will ask the teaching fellows to review our learning resources and to help us shape our offer to teachers. We’ll also ask teachers to contribute to our online teaching resources in at least two units of work and to deliver professional development sessions within their school to encourage and support the teaching of poetry.
The closing date for applications is 31 August 2019. Teaching fellows will be appointed in September.