Poetry, story and song across Scotland
Living Voices was a national programme developed by the Scottish Poetry Library and the Scottish Storytelling Centre.
It offered older people, usually in care homes, activities that used a mix of story, song and poetry to prompt conversation, reminiscence and creative response – and it supported wellbeing, social connection and staff development, too.
Read the external evaluation of the pilot phase of Living Voices:
- Overview of evaluation findings (4 pages)
- Executive summary of the evaluation (10 pages)
- Full evaluation report (60 pages)
Evaluation documents are available in Large Print on request.
You can still use resources from the Living Voices project to share poetry with older people.
- Magical Memory Lane is a four-season selection in collaboration with the Scottish Storytelling Centre and SEASONS mental health and wellbeing project in Edinburgh, as part of the Scottish Mental Health Arts and Film Festival.
- Family Resource Pack explores themes of family.
- Days Out and Holidays Resource Pack takes us on a traditional Scottish holiday and further afield.