In the library’s collection we have a number of guides to reading and writing poetry. These are a great starting point, or a place to go for more in-depth research of a specific aspect of writing which might catch your attention.
Beyond the books, however, there is a vast world of online tips, guides and lived experience to help you along on your poetry path.
- Scottish Book Trust have a wealth of useful tips and advice for writers
- Have a read of these inspiring words by poet Daljit Nagra.
- Have a look at our online publisher pages to see what’s getting published.
- Read Best Scottish Poems, our annual online anthology of the best 20 Scottish poems.
- Listen to poets talk about their work in our podcasts.